"Ghost Adventures" host Zak Bagans recently halted the production of a documentary film that will feature an alleged haunted house that he purchased earlier this year. According to a post on his Twitter page yesterday, Bagans said the house became unsafe for his crew and he had to call a priest to come exorcise the house.
The small house on Carolina Street, in Gary, Indiana has over 800 pages of official police reports of odd occurrences that have been said to have happened there. A police captain with the Gary Police Department says he believes that the home is haunted. According to the police captain and various psychics, the house is infested with hundreds of ghosts and demons.
In a recent photo of the house, a strange figure can be seen peering out of one of the porch windows of the home. City officials claim that there were no inhabitants living in the home when the picture was taken.
One family that lived in the home fled due to the supernatural events. The Ammons, who lived in the home claimed to have experienced their children levitating, strange footsteps, odd behavior from animals and insects. A family case manager and a family nurse even witnessed one of the children walking backward up a wall.
"This may well be one of the most well-documented cases of demonic possession ever," Bagans said to Robin Leach in an interview about the house.
Psychics came and informed the Ammons that the house was infested with over 200 ghosts and demons. According to the seers, the demons were attempting to possess the family's children. The home has been labeled "a portal to Hell."
"If it's true that this home is a portal to Hell, then I want to go there and see what happens," Bagans said in an interview with TMZ.
Bagans convinced another family that lived in the house in the 80s to come back to the home to appear in his new documentary. As soon as filming commenced demonic activity started to stir up within the house. The former home owner claimed that she was kicked and her daughter began speaking in tongues and threatened to attack the crew. Bagans took the possessed girl to a Catholic priest for an exorcism to rid the evil spirits.
"One of my production crew quit on the spot when we heard what the girl was doing when she was possessed. It was then I made the decision that the home was unsafe and called the priest to exorcise the house. The exorcism was unsuccessful, and things continued. For the safety of crew we halted production, and it’s been months since then. We plan to resume in December," Bagans told TMZ last week.
Bagans purchased the house on January 29 and paid only $35,000 for the home. He started production for "The Demon House" back in April but had to temporarily shut down production in the summer due to unsafe conditions. Production will resume in December.